Wednesday, December 9, 2015
 
 
 
This is my life right now. After 2 IVF cycles, it's pretty hard to overwhelm me. But here I am, minus the glorious glass of oversized wine.
 
 
I'll recap my journey some other time because it's a doozy. For now, pass the wine.
 
 
You need to know that I'm batshit crazy. I'm a nurse, I'm anal retentive, and I have access to medical journals through my grad program. This is a recipe for IVF research disaster. When you add in some badass online infertility forums, my knowledge about all things IVF is pretty amazing, and I'm hip to the latest and greatest treatments in the infertility world. As such, I knew that I would only be giving my RE two IVF cycles before I peaced the fuck out.
 
 
After seeing his name plastered e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. I searched for "DOR," it was clear to me that I was going to jump ship to Dr. Wang at SIRM-CT, The Sher Institutes newest location. I had been told that Dr. Wang would blow my mind, and so far, he has. He wants you to e-mail him. Like, actual doctor-to-patient communication! He does his own monitoring! He thinks outside the box! He fully educates you on everything! And, the most mind-blowing of all, him and his entire office staff answer e-mails after hours. WTF. Mind blown.
 
 
IVF #2 resulted in a chemical pregnancy, and I've heard that this is actually really great news for my fertility, or, as good as having an early miscarriage can be. Dr. W decided that I needed more testing before the January cycle:
 
-Thrombophilia panel
-STD panel
-EFT biopsy (9-11dpo)
-3D saline sono because my ute is titled (sometime pre-O)
-CD2/3 bloodwork...again...because it's been a year since we first visited the RE (?!?!?!)
-DNA fragmentation test for husband
-Basic immune testing
 
The timing of a couple of these tests is so specific that we really had to think of ways to manipulate my body, all while suppressing me, so we would be ready to stim on 1/4, and trying to fit it all in has been super stressful. All my body needs to do is ovulate....its CD19 and ovulation is nowhere to be seen! I'm kickin' it old school with temping, charting, OPKs, and aside from a darkened but not-quite-positive OPK on Monday night, nada. I literally have to ovulate by tomorrow to make the January cycle, which doesn't seem like its going to happen.
 
So much for the January cycle. The idea of my body cooperating with me was laughable anyways.
 
Looks like now I won't be so rushed to get all of the testing done, and I can ease into the next cycle normally. Plus, alcohol. Glorious alcohol. So, there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment