Thursday, February 25, 2016

IVF #3: Roundup






     To recap, this cycle started with a baseline of 3 follicles and an estrogen of 195. Then I had a mental breakdown. A few days later, I had 5 follicles and my estrogen of 196. So, not a great start.

     We did everything completely different for this cycle. I was on a MDLF protocol with prednisone (for high normal Th1/Th2 Cytokine Ratio). I took 10 units of micro-dose lupron AM & PM beginning 2/8 and added300 units of Gonal-F in the AM starting 2/10. We added in a vial of Menopur in the PM on 2/12 and continued with that. I then added 20 units of HGH (Omnitrope) for four nights beginning Thursday 2/18. So, by the end, I was up to 5 injections a day!

     My follicle count grew to 11, which is the most I have ever had during a cycle, and my estrogen on the day of trigger was 3116! I was so blown away by this because I had never had an estrogen at trigger higher than 1979! However, I know how this IVF shit works...nothing good happens without anything bad...and I said to my husband "watch, we'll get 5 eggs."

Guess what?

   We got 5 fucking eggs. Ok, that isn't the whole story. We actually retrieved 12 eggs. I was pretty uncomfortable towards the end so props to you PCOS girls who have 1023232 follicles. Although I still hate you bitches because you make it rain embryos. #sorrynotsorry. #Iamkidding. #kindof.

     Annnyyywwwaaayyy, of the 12 retrieved, 5 were mature and 5 looked like they could possibly mature in the lab. 2 did. So, that brought our total haul to 7. This is hilarious because we have wound up with 7 eggs every cycle! My ovaries are pre-set on a very specific number apparently.  This is also the first cycle we have done ICSI and 6 of our eggs fertilized normally!! This is the highest number of embryos we've ever had!!!

     If I'm being honest, I'm slightly disappointed. I was really hoping more would mature and fertilize. However, 6 embryos is a totally normal number to have for anyone, let alone someone with DOR. I just feel so much pressure to freeze several embryos because I'm about to go on 3 months of depot lupron, after which, the lupron will hang out in my system and keep my ovaries suppressed for several months so stimming again too soon will yield a shit cycle.

     We are culturing out the embryos to day 5, which is nothing short of terrifying. We've never done this before. I'm praying that this protocol shift, my supplements and HGH really kicked the quality of my eggs into high gear, and that ICSI helped us get the best sperm possible.

     Mostly though, I'm just hoping that somehow, someway, my future child is in there.
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment