Monday, February 15, 2016

Cycle Update: IVF #3

Source
     I started injections for IVF #3 last week so today is day 8. I'm doing a Microdose Lupron Flare (MDLF) protocol and primed with estrogen. Things are off to a bit of a rocky start.

    IVF #1 was new and exciting. I knew I had DOR and would likely not bring in a haul of eggs like many others, but overall, I knew it was a "practice round." This still didn't stop me from leaving most monitoring appointments in tears. IVF #2 was s completely different story. Estrogen priming with patches was so quick and I began stimming during a weekend away in NH. I learned to let the techs know that I didn't want to know my u/s results and I didn't read into the results. Because that cycle did result in a pregnancy, even if only for a moment, I feel pretty good about it.

     Enter IVF #3. I began injections after finding out about my Dr. KK results and that SIRM CT was closing. To top that off, at my baseline monitoring appointment, I only had 3 follicles. THREE.FUCKING.FOLLICLES. As of my next monitoring appointment, I was up to 5 follicles and I'm wondering if almost 4 weeks on estrogen priming (to accomodate batching at SIRM - something I never had to do before) I go in again for monitoring tomorrow. I'm the crazy girl who rolls up into the ultrasound room with my ipod, and tells the doctor that I can't know any information or else I'll lose my shit all day, so please don't mind me laying there, music blaring and eyes closed.

    I started the cycle with 10 units of lupron AM and PM. Then a couple of days later I added in 300 units of Gonal-F in the morning along with the lupron. After my last monitoring appointment last week we added in a vial of menopur at night. I was on Estradiol until yesterday.

     I'm not feeling great about this cycle. It's not starting great and it's looking like it could yield the fewest eggs yet. I know the egg count doesn't necessarily mean much, but I had the highest hopes for this cycle. Stupid me. Worse, if this cycle doesn't get us some embryos, we run the risk of having nothing to transfer at the conclusion of the depot lupron treatment, if needed. That shit stays in your system for months  after the last injection and would effectively kill any stim cycle before it could even start for months to come.

    More uncertainty. More waiting. Less hope. That's where I stand today.

No comments:

Post a Comment